Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by monstereo <me...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/03 12:47:15 UTC

Integrate Apache Ignite with Storm. Some question?

Hi,

I want to integrate Apache Storm with Ignite.
As you know, Storm uses executors(which are Threads)
Here is the pseudo code in my Spout(related to Storm)

public class MySpout{
         private boolean isIgniteCreated = false
         public void open(Map map, TopologyContext topologyContext,
SpoutOutputCollector spoutOutputCollector){
                      if (isIgniteCreated){
                                      create ignite node
                                       isIgniteCreated=true
                      }

When i working storm (included ignite), sometimes ignite give an error
("Ignite instance already started ...")
Then, i thought that this code is useless (and give the error "Ignite
instance already started ..." because of threads)
then, i have changed to variable to "volatile"

Like this situation, is there anything that i should do carefully when
working Storm?

Thanks...

Re: Integrate Apache Ignite with Storm. Some question?

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can check if an ignite instance is already available and use it else
create a new instance. Please find link for sample implementation below.

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/flink/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/sink/flink/IgniteSink.java#L146-L151

Regards,
Saikat