Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rick Bullotta <Ri...@lighthammer.com> on 2000/12/07 22:32:45 UTC

Xerces Release Binaries - To Compress or Not To Compress...

I noticed between the 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 release, there was a difference in the
size of the resultant .JAR file - 1.2.2 being compressed, and 1.2.3 not
(Xalan 1.2.2, for that matter, was compressed).  Any pros/cons for either
approach and what is the "recommended" mode?

Regards,

Rick Bullotta
CTO
Lighthammer