Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 09:01:52 UTC

[RELEASE]: kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0

Hi,

I have uploaded kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0 under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/releases/4.1.0/kid_langpack/

I hope you can use them to improve the translation where necessary or to
identify easier where the string have to be searched in Pootle.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 04/30/2014 09:01 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
>>> I have uploaded kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0 under
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/releases/4.1.0/kid_langpack/
>
> Thanks for this, they will be very useful to localization volunteers.
>
> By the way, how do I enable kid? I installed the 64-bit RPM over the
> Italian version of OpenOffice 4.1.0 and I thought I would see an entry
> in Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages. But it didn't list
> anything new. (After it, I installed a "normal" en-US language pack and
> this one worked as expected). I know "kid" is special, but how can I
> enable it?
>
>> would it be more helpful to make this a part of the release?

This is no bad idea.
Today I'm looking for an actual kid build to create a small patch.

> No need for that. They are really only for volunteers, even more than
> the snapshot builds.

Is there a kid build?

Kind regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice.org

Re: [RELEASE]: kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/14 1:45 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 30/04/2014 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 08:55:08PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> I know "kid" is special, but how can I enable it?
>> You can't. "kid" is not an ISO code, so it's not added to the list
>> box ... So you need a full install set (or, if you build yourself,
>> apply the
>> attached hack, that seems to work).
>
> Thanks a lot for the explanation (and for the patch, which I didn't try
> now, but may be useful in future).
>
> So the language packs provided by Juergen cannot be used by volunteers
> who are not building OpenOffice. It would be better to provide full
> builds in the "archived" format then (for only 4 cases: Windows, Mac,
> Linux 32, Linux 64). This would also allow to run very easily the two
> versions in parallel as Aivaras asked.

make probably sense, I wasn't aware of the problem. I have never used
such kid lang pack or full install set so far. I just provided them for
completeness and of course was asked for them.

Juergen

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrea,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 08:55:08PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> >>I have uploaded kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0 under
> >>http://people.apache.org/~jsc/releases/4.1.0/kid_langpack/
>
> Thanks for this, they will be very useful to localization volunteers.
>
> By the way, how do I enable kid? I installed the 64-bit RPM over the
> Italian version of OpenOffice 4.1.0 and I thought I would see an entry
> in Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages. But it didn't list
> anything new. (After it, I installed a "normal" en-US language pack
> and this one worked as expected). I know "kid" is special, but how can
> I enable it?

You can't. "kid" is not an ISO code, so it's not added to the list
box in the loop from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/cui/source/options/optgdlg.cxx?revision=1413471&view=markup#l1249
So you need a full install set (or, if you build yourself, apply the
attached hack, that seems to work).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [RELEASE]: kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 04/30/2014 09:01 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0 under
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/releases/4.1.0/kid_langpack/
>
> I hope you can use them to improve the translation where necessary or to
> identify easier where the string have to be searched in Pootle.

would it be more helpful to make this a part of the release? Then the
"kid" files could be offered on [1] and we can point everybody who is
interested to the files.

Just make it centralized and visible.

[1] http://openoffice.apache.org/downloads.html

My 2 ct.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: kid language packs for AOO 4.1.0

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 4/30/14 7:34 PM, Aivaras Stepukonis wrote:
> Jürgen,
>
> Can the KID version be installed beside the regular one? I want to have
> both side by side.

there seems to be a problem with kid language packs. I will provide
en-US/kid full install set later where any other language pack can be
installed ...

Juergen

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
Jürgen,