Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/05 06:03:59 UTC

Building minimally to test code changes

Is there a way to quickly build only those modules that are affected by a
code change in one module?

For e.g., if I change some code in
"applications\console\geronimo-console-standard" I build

applications\console\geronimo-console-standard
applications\console\geronimo-console-ear
configs\webconsole-tomcat
assemblies\geronimo-tomcat-j2ee

and the changes get reflected in the assembly.

But if I make a change in "modules\geronimo-management" it is not that
simple.

What I want to know is if I specify "modules\geronimo-management" or
"geronimo-management" on the command line as an argument, the build script
should build this module and only those that depend on this module so that
the changes reflect in the assemblies.  Is there already a way to do this?

Thanks,
Vamsi

Re: Building minimally to test code changes

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
I am looking at something that builds quicker than mvn -o
-Dmaven.{test,itest}.skip clean install.  I do not want mvn to attempt
building (though it may do nothing while building those) any of the projects
that are not directly or indirectly affected by the one I specify as
argument.

Vamsi

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.