Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2005/06/22 06:32:55 UTC

RE: [Jakarta Wiki] Trivial Update of "Migrating to Subversion" by DanielRall

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 01:56 +0200, Dean Pickersgill wrote:
> The following page has been changed by DanielRall:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/Migrating_to_Subversion
>
> The comment on the change is:
> wording tweak
>
> ... Look, what IS the point of making comments which generate mail which
> says NOTHING??
>
> 'Wording tweak'.  Tells me a lot.  Whats wrong with a sensible description
> that actually means something to the reader?

Well Dean, it _was_ a wording tweak, meaning that the actual content
didn't change much, merely the verbiage.

Line 12:
The CVS repositories of "dead" projects are not targeted for migration
(e.g. jakarta-site).

The CVS repositories of "dead" projects are not targeted for immediate
migration (e.g. jakarta-site).

If there's some way to update the change log message, be my guest.
Otherwise, you're swinging the signal-to-noise ratio in the wrong
direction.  I get enough email.

Thanks, Dan

RE: [Jakarta Wiki] Trivial Update of "Migrating to Subversion" byDanielRall

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 11:49 +0200, Dean Pickersgill wrote:
> > Well Dean, it _was_ a wording tweak, meaning that the actual content
> > didn't change much, merely the verbiage.
>
> -----
> verbiage \VUR-bee-ij\, noun:
> The use of many words without necessity
> -----

"manner of expressing oneself in words"  - m-w.com

RE: [Jakarta Wiki] Trivial Update of "Migrating to Subversion" byDanielRall

Posted by Dean Pickersgill <de...@cytag.nl>.