Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/19 19:26:41 UTC

Re: Feature comparision among some software tools for load testing.

Last time I checked, the license fee for LoadRunner was proportional to the
number of simulated users. I have use-cases of having more than 20k
simultaneous users, which means keeping at least 40k threads (VU) to ensure
that at least 20k are active for sure, not waiting for application to
respond. It might be difficult to evaluate LoadRunner in certain
circumstances for practical means.

I agree that the paper has too many shortcomings to be even considered -
without wanting to minimise the effort of those people, any serious analysis
has to take in consideration the specifics. Just an example how they expect
to evaluate hardware requirements without evaluating an actual use case that
can be implemented on all/most tools analysed?