Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason <ja...@asiacontent.com> on 2001/04/17 04:51:15 UTC

How to make DbConnectionBroker from javaexchange.com to work with Mysql?

Hi everyone,

    anyone knows how to use DbConnectionBroker from javaexchange.com to
connect to MYSQL instead of to Oracle?  My application is using Mysql
and it runs fine.  Now I want to use connection pooling to improve the
performance before deployment.  However, I cannot make
DbConnectionBroker and Mysql work together.  Any idea?

Thanx!

Jason

Trouble getting Tomcat to parse .html files of JSP tags.

Posted by Stuart Allen <sa...@steptwo.com.au>.
I have been trying for some time now to configure Tomcat/ Apache to allow
the inclusion of JSP tags in .html files. In my tomcat-apache file, that is
included at the bottom of http.conf, I have the following lines:

JkMount /mydev/*.html ajp12
JkMount /mydev/*.jsp ajp12
JkMount /mydev/servlet/* ajp12

I have two files, index.jsp and index.html in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/mydev.
They contain:

         <head>
         </head>
         <jsp:include page="/servlet/HelloWorldExample" flush="true">
         </jsp:include>

Accessing index.jsp runs the servlet, accessing index.html does not. Any
help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stuart

Re: How to make DbConnectionBroker from javaexchange.com to work with Mysql?

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
Hi Jason,

It looks like you're doing everything right. What does the logfile say? Here
is an example of my logfile with two open connections:

---------------------------
Starting DbConnectionBroker Version 1.0.11:
dbDriver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
dbServer = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/affiliates
dbLogin = myLogin
log file = /var/log/mysql/broker.log
minconnections = 2
maxconnections = 20
Total refresh interval = 5.0 days
Tue Apr 17 00:15:56 CDT 2001  Opening connection 0
org.gjt.mm.mysql.jdbc2.Connection@383b162a:
Tue Apr 17 00:15:56 CDT 2001  Opening connection 1
org.gjt.mm.mysql.jdbc2.Connection@6e729629:

Thanks,
--jeff

Posted by Jason <ja...@asiacontent.com>.
Hi Jeff,

    it works now!  It's the path of the logfile causing the problem.

Thanx

Jason

Posted by Jason <ja...@asiacontent.com>.
Hi Jeff,