Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kyle Adams <ka...@gfs.com> on 2004/03/19 20:44:05 UTC

ClassCastException in MavenJellyContext.class

I've been toying with the idea of writing an Ant tasks that wrap the DependencyVerifier.class and the Artifact plug-in in order to allow normal Ant projects be full-fledged deployers and consumers of a Maven repository.

At this time, I build a MavenJellyContext object with all of the necessary info, add it to a Project along with Artifacts (created by the ArtifactListBuilder) and Dependencies, and call verify().

I get a ClassCastException from line 316 in MavenJellyContext, which is the getMavenRepoRemote() method:

    public List getMavenRepoRemote()
    {
        // We might have CSV list of remote repositories.
        return convertCsvStringToList( (String) getVariable( MavenConstants..REPO_REMOTE ) );
    }

This code strikes me as odd, since just above it is the setter:

    public void setMavenRepoRemotes( List mavenRepoRemote )
    {
        setVariable( MavenConstants.REPO_REMOTE, mavenRepoRemote );
    }

So the maven.repo.remote gets set to a List, but the getter casts it to a String?  Is this a misunderstanding on my part about Maven's internals, or a bug?

Thanks,
Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162