Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2015/03/03 07:29:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] Incubator March 2015 report DRAFT

Here is a draft of the subj for Zeppelin project.

In February report, there're 'Zeppelin (delayed software grant)' under 'Still
getting started' section. I think we can keep it in March report, while
it's still in progress.

--------------------
Zeppelin

A collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed,
general-purpose data processing systems such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink,
etc.

Zeppelin has been incubating since 2014-12-23.

  1. SGA: IP clearance to be signed by NFLabs
  2. Finish migration to ASF infra: code and issues
  3. Complete PODLINGNAMESEARCH-64

aware of?

  None.

  We see new people participate discussion on mailing list. We've received
10 patches from 8 different people outside of the initial committers list,
6 of them made their first contribution to Zeppelin.

  Support for Yarn and Mesos cluster are added, helped by new people.
  Work on separate interpreter process is in progress. Since it's changing
internal a lot, we've discussed on dev@ mailing list, made PoC and then
started implementation.

  The project is still waiting for the Software Grant from NFLabs legal
department. NFLabs legal department is working on their internal process
and expected to process SGA on early March.

Zeppelin is scheduled to be represented at ApacheCon North America in April.

Date of last release:

  None.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  None since incubation

---------------------------
Feedback / updates are very welcome.

Best,
moon

Re: [DISCUSS] Incubator March 2015 report DRAFT

Posted by "Kevin (Sangwoo) Kim" <ke...@apache.org>.
Great job!
Happy to see community is growing. :)

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
looks good! Thanks!

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 10:24 AM, moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Guys
>
> I realized i missed something on March report.
>
> One is integration with PredictionIO (published at
> http://docs.prediction.io/datacollection/analytics-zeppelin/).
> And the other is participating GSoC 2015 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-118)
>
> There will be further improvements on integration with PredictionIO in
> March and GSoC 2015 is still in students registration. Therefore I think we
> can still include them in April report. (or is it possible to update March
> report?)

Old reports are R/O. Just go ahead and include it in the new one.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [DISCUSS] Incubator March 2015 report DRAFT

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Guys

I realized i missed something on March report.

One is integration with PredictionIO (published at
http://docs.prediction.io/datacollection/analytics-zeppelin/).
And the other is participating GSoC 2015 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-118)

There will be further improvements on integration with PredictionIO in
March and GSoC 2015 is still in students registration. Therefore I think we
can still include them in April report. (or is it possible to update March
report?)

Apologies for missing important works in the report.

Best,
moon

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, will sign it off