Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lewandowski, Eric" <er...@cgi.com> on 2009/12/04 01:43:51 UTC

problem when generating pom including parent tag

Hi

I've just installed Eclipse Galileo running under JDK 1.5.0_15 (Windows
XP Pro). I installed the last version of M2Eclipse and I choose to
create a Maven project.

Here's the simple POM that m2Eclipse generated :

  <parent>

    <artifactId>sqag-parent</artifactId>

    <groupId>gov.dgsig.sqag</groupId>

    <version>1.5.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

  </parent>

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <groupId>gov.dgsig.sqag</groupId>

  <artifactId>sqag-commun</artifactId>

  <version>1.5.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

</project>

and here's the error message I received :

no more data available - expected end tag </project> to close start tag
<project> from line 2, parser stopped on END_TAG seen
...</project>-->... @332:14

The project cannot be built by Maven. What's wrong ? How can I solve
this problem ?

Regards,

Eric Lewandowski

RE : problem when generating pom including parent tag

Posted by "Lewandowski, Eric" <er...@cgi.com>.
Sorry... I've just found the answer !

The tag </project> was commented... not in the generated pom file, but in the parent pom file !

Regards,
Eric Lewandowski