Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Deepak Rajagopal <De...@standard.com> on 2017/09/13 23:03:34 UTC

Stopping one route from another

For various reasons we would like to stop the main route from a secondary route based on time and then restart it at a later point in time.
The camel page on this topic http://camel.apache.org/how-can-i-stop-a-route-from-a-route.html seems to indicate that we should use a thread to achieve this.
Is this still a valid thing to do? Our static security scans flag the use of unmanaged threads .
It is also not clear from this page whether the use of a latch alone might achieve the same ends?
Thanks

Re: Stopping one route from another

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can use ControlBus EIP to manage a camel route from another. It should
be what you are really looking for.
http://camel.apache.org/controlbus.html