Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Reid <an...@plug.cx> on 2001/10/03 04:00:06 UTC

Performance -- Tomcat Standalone v. Apache/Tomcat

Hello All,

I'm currently working at a company where we're writing a Java
application (JSP and Servlets -- Forgive my terminology, I'm not a Java
person).

We're currently using the Tomcat that comes with J2EE, but that seems to
have performance issues after it serves about 3 simultanious
connections.

I'm currently setting up Tomcat and then Apache/Tomcat to do some
performance testing. We're looking for about 20 simultanious connections
without too much difference in response time.

The hardware that it is running on is a PIII 800, 256MB RAM, Software
RAID-1.

The Oracle server where the data is stored is a two-way Sun E250, with
2GB RAM (I believe).

It appears that the main problem is the Tomcat included with J2EE. I was
wondering if anyone was able to give me an indication of what would
perform better, as a general rule.

Your help is appreciated.

   - andrew

--
void signature () {
	cout << "Andrew Reid -- andrew.reid@plug.cx" << endl ;

Re: Performance -- Tomcat Standalone v. Apache/Tomcat

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
I think you'd be well served to viewing a recent post from Craig (o:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg34621.html

cheers
dim

Posted by Andrew Reid <an...@plug.cx>.