Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/04 23:23:46 UTC

jcr2spi question

The documentation describes this component as "a generic
implementation of the transient component".  My understanding of this
is that it means that EVERY client application that wants to connect
to an SPI exposed repository will use this "generic" component.

Is this true?

Re: jcr2spi question

Posted by Michael Dürig <mi...@day.com>.
> The documentation describes this component as "a generic
> implementation of the transient component".  My understanding of this
> is that it means that EVERY client application that wants to connect
> to an SPI exposed repository will use this "generic" component.
>
> Is this true?

Yes. This can be used for implementing the JCR API on top of 'legacy'
repositories: implement the interfaces in the jackrabbit-spi module and
use jackrabbit-jcr2spi on top of it.

Michael