Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de> on 2014/04/02 08:10:02 UTC

Problems with wicket-select2 and session timeout

Hello everyone,

I already posted this on https://github.com/ivaynberg/wicket-select2/issues/83 but thought I could mention it here also, as I’m not sure yet if the described problem is related to wicket-select2 or Wicket itself:

if my current session is already expired and I click a Select2Choice, Wicket creates an ajax response containing a redirect (see here: http://bit.ly/1flepiM) but this response is never digestet by wicket-ajax-jquery.js, because it is not even loaded on the current page (no ajax components/behaviors). Even if there are other ajax components on the page and wicket-ajax-jquery.js is loaded, processAjaxResponse is never called. The result is that the redirect is not happening and the select2 gets stuck (like this: http://bit.ly/1fligwv).

I created a quickstart to demonstrate this: http://bit.ly/1flfQOc (the session timeout is set to 1min in web.xml):

- open browser on localhost:8080
- wait for >1min
- click on select2
- look at response in e.g. firebug

Wicket identifies the request as „ajax“ because wicket-select2 sets the WebRequest.PARAM_AJAX parameter. If the request is processed correctly, the JSON response is returned and digested, but in case of a server-side error (e.g. PageExpiredException) the returned ajax response is not consumed (wicket-ajax-jquery.js not loaded) , as far as I do understand the code.

Any hints?

Cheers,
   -Tom

Re: Problems with wicket-select2 and session timeout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
I think I'm also having this problem...

Locking at the code of

https://github.com/ivaynberg/wicket-select2/blob/master/wicket-select2/src/main/java/com/vaynberg/wicket/select2/res/select2.js#L1312

 I do not see an option to do something different as callback of $.ajax...
Unless we try to use

https://github.com/ivaynberg/wicket-select2/blob/master/wicket-select2/src/main/java/com/vaynberg/wicket/select2/res/select2.js#L1324

?

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.