Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Erik Johansson <er...@merriweather.se> on 2006/09/03 17:43:59 UTC

Localizing the DropdownDatePicker

Im having a bit of trouble localizing the DropdownDatePicker.
The default lanugage of my browser is Swedish.
I choose a date where the abbreviation differs between English and
Swedish * *e.g. Oct/Okt.
I get the following in the input field
When I submit the form Tapestry complains about the date format since I
guess Tapestry is configured for Swedish.
When I change the inputfield to
and submit Tapestry accepts the input but the DropdownDatePicker does
not (DEBUG: invalid date string: NaN-NaN-NaN).

How do I make the DropdownDatePicker render and accept Swedish abbreviation?

-erik

Re: Localizing the DropdownDatePicker

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Sorry about this...The current version of js for this component isn't
exactly in line with the localization abilities of the server...

Luckily IBM has been doing a ~lot~ of work on adding better localization
support in a java friendly manner to dojo lately...When I upgrade dojo (any
day now) I will make this change more permanent.

On 9/3/06, Erik Johansson <er...@merriweather.se> wrote:

> Im having a bit of trouble localizing the DropdownDatePicker.
> The default lanugage of my browser is Swedish.
> I choose a date where the abbreviation differs between English and
> Swedish * *e.g. Oct/Okt.
> I get the following in the input field
> When I submit the form Tapestry complains about the date format since I
> guess Tapestry is configured for Swedish.
> When I change the inputfield to
> and submit Tapestry accepts the input but the DropdownDatePicker does
> not (DEBUG: invalid date string: NaN-NaN-NaN).
>
> How do I make the DropdownDatePicker render and accept Swedish
> abbreviation?
>
> -erik

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer