Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by shashank Jain <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 16:46:28 UTC

concurrency for jackrabbit

Hi All,

I am having a scenario where I have a root node and then there are sub
nodes getting created under it with each request. Each subnode has
certain properties created as well.

What I am thinking is to handle heavy concurrency is to save the
session on every addition of the node. That ways any locks on the root
node should be released immediately.

After that for each subnode there should be seperate nodes to allow
concurrent writes to happen.

Is my understanding correct..

I am using jackrabbit 2.0

Thoughts?

Re: concurrency for jackrabbit

Posted by smjain <ja...@gmail.com>.
Strangely it seems that the SharedItemStateManager is specific for a
workspace.

So under heavy load there will be a sever contention for Write lock. On
profiling the application we get to see

all threads blocked at trying to aquire a write lock. Any solution to
support concurrent writes to different parts

of the repository??

Thanks

Shashank