Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacques Capesius <ja...@cnt.com> on 2003/03/12 21:00:30 UTC

imported jars & servlets

Hello,

First off, thanks for the help with the problem I had earlier with getting
jdom.jar to work on my jsps. It helped immensely. Now, I'm having a problem
getting it to work with a servlet.

I have a servlet, which uses the classes in jdom.jar
(org.jdom.*,org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder, etc.) when I compile it, it compiles,
then when I try to run it as a servlet, I get the following exception...

javax.servlet.ServletException: Invoker service() exception

and the following root cause...
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/input/DOMBuilder

the line causing the croak being:
org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder xfer = new org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder();
it's the first time I reference a jdom object in the source code.

now, I have the jdom.jar file in the WEB-INF/lib of my application
directory, and nowhere else. Furthermore, when I run this line of code from
within a jsp file, it works just fine.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks, and sorry about bugging you with these beginner questions. :)

-jacques :)