Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by wang <ww...@163.com> on 2020/08/16 02:31:29 UTC

[DISCUSS][SUMMER-2020] Modify the search rules of task instances

Because of the addition of new features, the task will not have a start time before it starts executing. In the original design, the search rule for task instances mainly used the start time. For example, the following methods in TaskInstanceMapper:

1. findValidTaskListByProcessId

2. queryTaskInstanceListPaging

3. countTaskInstanceStateByUser

For the first two methods, the user experience is not obvious when there are fewer task instances. But when there are many instances, the task instances without start time are always on the last page.

As for the last method, because it uses whether the start time is a standard within a certain period of time, task instances without a start time will never be counted. At this time, the user will find that the number of tasks in the delayed execution state is always zero.

For the above two reasons, I want to change the above three methods from using the start time to using the submit time. My question about this is, does such a change have much impact on the system?

### 修改任务实例的查找规则

因为新的特性的加入,导致任务在开始执行前不会拥有开始时间。而在原来的设计中,任务实例的查找规则主要使用了开始时间。例如TaskInstanceMapper中的以下几个方法:

1. findValidTaskListByProcessId
2. queryTaskInstanceListPaging
3. countTaskInstanceStateByUser

对于前两个方法,在任务实例较少的时候用户感受并不明显。但是实例较多的时候,没有开始时间的任务实例总是在最后一页。

而对于最后一个方法,因为是使用开始时间是否在某一个时间段内为标准进行查找的,没有开始时间的任务实例永远不会被统计到。这时用户就会发现处于延迟执行状态的任务数量总是0。

由于以上两个原因,我想把以上三个方法从使用开始时间变为使用提交时间。对此我的疑问是,这样的改动对系统影响大不大?

Re: [DISCUSS][SUMMER-2020] Modify the search rules of task instances

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@gmail.com>.
I think it is a good idea

wang <ww...@163.com>于2020年8月16日 周日10:31写道:

--

DolphinScheduler(Incubator)  PPMC
Jun Gao 高俊

Re:[DISCUSS][SUMMER-2020] Modify the search rules of task instances

Posted by Yichao Yang <10...@qq.com>.
Hi,

This is a good idea.
I think you can check this two point.
1.Check what the difference will be displayed in the UI to user when you the change from `starttime` to `submittime`.
2.Is there any else logic use these three function in api, server, alert module?

You can reply to this mail when you&nbsp;come to conclusion.

Thx a lot~

Best,
Yichao Yang