Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jagadeesh Naidu G <ja...@hcl.com> on 2011/05/11 09:02:37 UTC

Maven Issue with javadoc

While iam doing release my application iam getting error as below. Please
help me out how to solve this issue.

com.mtvi.mediabus.anystream.restservices...
        Constructing Javadoc information...
        1 error
        [INFO]
        [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
        [INFO]
        [INFO] Error during page generation

    Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Exit code: 1 -
/u/wc/work/local/mediabus/mediabus-rel/trunk/target/checkout/mediabus-transcoder/src/test/java/com/mtvi/mediabus/anystream/AnystreamResponseHandlerTest.java:11:
cannot access com.mtvi.mediabus.anystream.AnystreamResponseHandler
        bad class file:
/u/wc/work/local/mediabus/mediabus-rel/trunk/target/checkout/mediabus-transcoder/target/generated-classes/cobertura/com/mtvi/mediabus/anystream/AnystreamResponseHandler.class
        class file contains wrong class: org.junit.Test
        Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of
the classpath.
        import com.mtvi.mediabus.anystream.AnystreamResponseHandler;
                                           ^

    Command line was:"cd
/u/wc/work/local/mediabus/mediabus-rel/trunk/target/checkout/mediabus-transcoder/target/site/testapidocs
&& /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/../bin/javadoc" @options @packages
        [INFO]
        [INFO]
        [INFO] Total time: 16 minutes 23 seconds
        [INFO] Finished at: Tue May 10 07:27:44 EDT 2011
        [INFO] Final Memory: 202M/509M
        [INFO]
        2011-05-10 07:27:45.551::INFO:  Shutdown hook executing
        2011-05-10 07:27:45.552::INFO:  Shutdown hook complete
        [INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'

[INFO]

Hi please find the pom.xml below for the above issue.

        <parent>
                <groupId>com.mtvi.mediabus</groupId>
                <artifactId>mediabus</artifactId>
                <version>1.0.24-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </parent>
        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        <artifactId>mediabus-transcoder</artifactId>
        <name>mediabus-transcoder</name>
        <version>1.0.24-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <description>Media Bus Transcoder service</description>

        <profiles>
                <profile>

                        <id>buildWithIntegrationTestCoverage</id>
                        <activation>
                                <property>

<name>buildWithIntegrationTestCoverage</name>
                                        <value>true</value>
                                </property>
                        </activation>
                        <build>
                                <plugins>
                                        <plugin>

<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

<artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                                <version>2.3</version>
                                                <executions>
                                                        <execution>

<id>instrument-classes</id>

<phase>package</phase>
                                                                <goals>

<goal>instrument</goal>
                                                                </goals>
                                                        </execution>
                                                </executions>
                                        </plugin>

                                        <plugin>

<groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
                                                <dependencies>
                                                        <dependency>

<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

<artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>

<version>2.3</version>

<type>jar</type>
                                                        </dependency>
                                                </dependencies>
                                        </plugin>
                                </plugins>
                        </build>
                </profile>
        </profiles>
        <repositories>
                <repository>
                        <id>JBossMavenRepo</id>
                        <name>JBoss Maven2 repo</name>
                        <url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2</url>
                        <releases>
                                <enabled>true</enabled>
                        </releases>
                        <snapshots>
                                <enabled>false</enabled>
                        </snapshots>
                </repository>
        </repositories>
        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>com.thoughtworks.xstream</groupId>
                        <artifactId>xstream</artifactId>
                        <version>1.3.1</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>commons-httpclient</groupId>
                        <artifactId>commons-httpclient</artifactId>
                        <version>3.1</version>
                        <scope>compile</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.jdom</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jdom</artifactId>
                        <version>1.1</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>javax.jms</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jms</artifactId>
                        <version>1.1</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>com.mtvi.ucsa.common</groupId>
                        <artifactId>CoreLib</artifactId>
                        <version>2.1.5</version>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>jboss.jbossesb</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jbossesb-jbpm</artifactId>
                        <version>4.5.0</version>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.jbpm</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jbpm-jpdl</artifactId>
                        <version>3.2.5</version>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>com.mtvi.mediabus</groupId>
                        <artifactId>tarkus-common</artifactId>
                        <version>${version}</version>
                        <scope>provided</scope>
                </dependency>

<dependency>
                        <groupId>com.mockrunner</groupId>
                        <artifactId>mockrunner-jdk1.4-j2ee1.3</artifactId>
                        <version>0.4</version>
                        <scope>test</scope>
                        <exclusions>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>cglib-nodep</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>cglib-nodep</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>jboss</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>jboss-jee</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                                <exclusion>
                                        <groupId>xerces</groupId>
                                        <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
                                </exclusion>
                        </exclusions>
                </dependency>

<dependency>
                        <groupId>com.mtvnet.data-access</groupId>
                        <artifactId>sql-mapper-jdbc</artifactId>
                        <version>1.1</version>
                        <scope>test</scope>
                </dependency>

                                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.jboss.resteasy</groupId>
                        <artifactId>resteasy-jaxrs</artifactId>
                        <version>1.2.1.GA</version>
                        <type>jar</type>
                </dependency>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.jboss.resteasy</groupId>
                        <artifactId>resteasy-jaxb-provider</artifactId>
                        <version>1.1.GA</version>
                        <type>jar</type>
                        </dependency>

                <dependency>
  <groupId>apache-xalan</groupId>
  <artifactId>serializer</artifactId>
  <version>j_2.7.0</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
  <groupId>jboss.jbossts</groupId>
  <artifactId>jbossts-common</artifactId>
  <version>4.3.0.GA</version>
</dependency>
        </dependencies>

        <properties>
                <skipTests>false</skipTests>
        </properties>
        <build>
                <finalName>${artifactId}-${version}</finalName>
                <plugins>
                        <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>2.6</version>
                                <configuration>
                                        <skipTests>${skipTests}</skipTests>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <goals>

<goal>integration-test</goal>
                                                        <goal>verify</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

<artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>2.4</version>
                                <configuration>
                                        <check>

<haltOnFailure>false</haltOnFailure>
                                                <regexes>
                                                        <regex>

<pattern>com.mtvi.mediabus.anystream.*</pattern>

<branchRate>80</branchRate>

<lineRate>80</lineRate>
                                                        </regex>
                                                </regexes>
                                        </check>
                                        <instrumentation>
                                                <includes>

<include>com/mtvi/mediabus/anystream/*.class</include>
                                                </includes>
                                        </instrumentation>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>instrument</id>

<phase>post-integration-test</phase>
                                                <goals>

<goal>instrument</goal>

<goal>cobertura</goal>
                                                        <goal>check</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>

                                <configuration>
                                        <skip>true</skip>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>surefire-it</id>

<phase>integration-test</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>test</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <skip>false</skip>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>

                                <configuration>
                                        <skip>true</skip>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
                                <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>6.1.20</version>
                                <configuration>

<scanIntervalSeconds>10</scanIntervalSeconds>
                                        <stopKey>STOP</stopKey>
                                        <stopPort>1800</stopPort>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>

                                        <execution>
                                                <id>start-jetty</id>

<phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>stop</goal>
                                                        <goal>run</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>

<scanIntervalSeconds>0</scanIntervalSeconds>

<daemon>true</daemon>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>stop-jetty</id>

<phase>post-integration-test</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>stop</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
        </build>
</project>

RE: Maven Issue with javadoc

Posted by Jagadeesh Naidu G <ja...@hcl.com>.
Hi,

Please help me out if you have any idea?. Same code is working fine for mvn site and mvn javadoc:javadoc and its not working for only mvn release:perform.

Thanks & Regards,
Jagadeesh G. | Lead Engineer  | HCL Technologies Ltd. | ETA-2 Navaur|
Chennai, India. |  Mobile: +91-9840124794 Land:+91 4447464105 | www.hcl.<http://www.hcl.in/>com

> /u/wc/work/local/mediabus/mediabus-rel/trunk/target/checkout/mediabus-transcoder/target/generated-classes/cobertura/com/mtvi/mediabus/anystream/AnystreamResponseHandler.class
>        class file contains wrong class: org.junit.Test
>        Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of
> the classpath.
>        import com.mtvi.mediabus.anystream.AnystreamResponseHandler;

Maven simply calls our to Javadoc to run this task. Most likely your
Java code has a problem or perhaps there's a bug in Javadoc.

Wayne

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4387515&i=1&by-user=t>

________________________________
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Issue-with-javadoc-tp4386627p4387515.html

________________________________
::DISCLAIMER::

Re: Maven Issue with javadoc

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven Issue with javadoc

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Jagadeesh Naidu G <ja...@hcl.com> wrote:
>    Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Exit code: 1 -
> /u/wc/work/local/mediabus/mediabus-rel/trunk/target/checkout/mediabus-transcoder/src/test/java/com/mtvi/mediabus/anystream/AnystreamResponseHandlerTest.java:11:
> cannot access com.mtvi.mediabus.anystream.AnystreamResponseHandler
>        bad class file:
> /u/wc/work/local/mediabus/mediabus-rel/trunk/target/checkout/mediabus-transcoder/target/generated-classes/cobertura/com/mtvi/mediabus/anystream/AnystreamResponseHandler.class
>        class file contains wrong class: org.junit.Test

The location of the bad class file is ...generated-classes/cobertura... .

Try disabling the Coberura plugin and see if the problem goes away.
Then look at your configuration for both Cobertura and Javadoc.  Do
you even *want* Javadoc for generated classes?

--
Wendy