Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Derek Smith <de...@motortrak.com> on 1999/07/30 13:17:12 UTC

general/4800: Apache causes Netscape to crash

>Number:         4800
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache causes Netscape to crash
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I believe this is a problem that is due to Netscape but any help or advice that
you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

If we use NCSA for the same sites we have no problem.

The problem is that when we serve out some of our sites with apache, it causes
Netscape 4.06 (and other 4.x versions) to crash.  The browser does a refresh the
first time you visit the site(i.e. full reload of all files on page) which can
cause the browser to crash with an illegal operation.

What are the differences between Apache and NCSA that could be problematic (for
example I was thinking it is one of the modules, but don't know how this would
be).

I would really like to address this problem as We are reluctant to go across
to Apache permanently until we are sure that this problem cannot happen.

Thanks in advance for any help offered

Cheers,

Derek Smith
sys admin
>How-To-Repeat:
I can supply URL's directly to whoever is supporting this request

[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]