Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <do...@bytefabrik.ai> on 2022/06/13 19:53:48 UTC

Improve organization of StreamPipes concepts in UI

Hi all,

currently, we have a lot of different views in the UI such as data streams, live dashboards and data views. These can all be defined independently. As we focus on the IIoT domain, I think it would be a nice feature for users to "assign" these concepts to real-world objects, e.g., plants or machines. For instance, it would be nice to create a "machine" and assign a live dashboard, corresponding data view and live data to this machine. This would improve the overall user experience as we could reuse well-known concepts in the different views instead of the currently unconnected views.

What do you think? I plan to start with a quick prototype of a representation for this which we can use for further refinement.

Cheers,
Dominik

Re: Improve organization of StreamPipes concepts in UI

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai>.
Hi Dominik,

thank you.
I think that is a good solution.