Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com> on 2005/04/12 15:50:34 UTC

schema imports another schema

I've come up against a problem trying to load a schema which imports another
schema

The url used for the schema is:

{request:requestURI}?lenya.usecase=display&amp;lenya.step=loadXSD

The match is below with a simple read of the xsd

<map:match pattern="loadXSD" type="step">
<map:read
src="{global:basedir}/pubs/{page-envelope:publication-id}/lenya/resources/generalPage/generalPage.xsd"/>
</map:match>

The imported schema is in the same directory and referenced relatively like

schemaLocation="fragment.xsd"

The generalPage xsd is found fine but fails to be vaild as the import fails
???

Any Ideas

Lee C

Re: schema imports another schema

Posted by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com>.
> Quite a few people were mentioning this problem before and I think it
> would make
> sense to fix this somehow. But I am not sure how what would be the best
> solution.
> Of course we could add a pipeline to the Lenya core which would match
> all URLs with the suffix "xsd", but I don't think this is a good idea.
>
> HTH
>
> Michi

Of course !

Thanks Lee C

Re: schema imports another schema

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Lee Carroll wrote:

> I've come up against a problem trying to load a schema which imports
> another schema
>
> The url used for the schema is:
>
> {request:requestURI}?lenya.usecase=display&amp;lenya.step=loadXSD
>
> The match is below with a simple read of the xsd
>
> <map:match pattern="loadXSD" type="step">
> <map:read
> src="{global:basedir}/pubs/{page-envelope:publication-id}/lenya/resources/generalPage/generalPage.xsd"/>
>
> </map:match>
>
> The imported schema is in the same directory and referenced relatively
> like
>
> schemaLocation="fragment.xsd"
>
> The generalPage xsd is found fine but fails to be vaild as the import
> fails ???

one needs to add a pipeline to the publication sitemap in order to "allow"
the loading of the referenced XSD. (it should get clearer from the
logfile,  resource not found or something similar)

Quite a few people were mentioning this problem before and I think it
would make
sense to fix this somehow. But I am not sure how what would be the best
solution.
Of course we could add a pipeline to the Lenya core which would match
all URLs with the suffix "xsd", but I don't think this is a good idea.

HTH

Michi

> Any Ideas
>
> Lee C