Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/02/25 02:16:55 UTC

Tossing CompositeComponent, r511391

I have removed all of the CompositeComponent specializations from the
kernel so have been able to remove the interface and all references
to it :-) This simplifies the kernel code quite a bit as it only
refers to Component and in certain circumstances AtomicComponent. I'm
going to further eliminate some of the AtomicComponent
specializations as I work on moving References and Services onto
Component.

Jim

Re: Tossing CompositeComponent, r511391

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Feb 25, 2007, at 6:42 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> Jim, are you going to update java/sca/services, particularly the idl
> sub-project ? The contribution service uses that to process wsdls
> and that
> project still have references to parent.
>
>    public WSDLServiceContract load(
>        CompositeComponent parent,
>        ModelObject object, XMLStreamReader reader,
>        DeploymentContext deploymentContext) throws XMLStreamException,
> LoaderException {

The WSDL extension was still going off the pre-alpha kernel since it
is an optional extension. I updated to use the latest kernel and
removed the reference to CompositeComponent. I'm assuming the WSDL
contribution processor is optional too? Maybe we should group these
two together in the WSDL IDL project?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Multi-VM support and sparse trees, was: Tossing CompositeComponent, r511391

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Feb 24, 2007, at 5:49 PM, Jim Marino wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> There's still a reference to parent Component in the builder API e.g.
>> +    public ServiceBinding build(Component parent,
>>                                  ServiceDefinition serviceDefinition,
>>                                  LocalBindingDefinition
>> bindingDefinition,
>>                                  DeploymentContext deploymentContext)
>>
>> Can we remove that as well? The URI for the parent is in the
>> DeploymentContext already.
>>
> Sure - I'll do it since I'm on a roll tossing unneeded stuff out...
>
> Jim

The change turned out simple to do but big - r511417 and r511418. I
also decided to extend this to loading, introspection and building.
By doing so, we now fully support sparse component trees which will
allow us to do multi-VM wiring once we are able to separate out the
Controler/Master.

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.