Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by foucault <ar...@status.net> on 2010/03/30 20:02:06 UTC

updating from 5.3.0 -> 5.3.1 now the admin console's not working

First thing, activemq and its admin panel work fine out of the box (default
config), also both work fine in my dev environment with our re-based config.

production has load blancing, as pretty much the only diffrence, and that is
where the admin panel is not working.

logs showing everything working... --> http://privatepaste.com/8930199c58

heres our activemq.xml --> http://privatepaste.com/c6bc1f5379

from a vanilla untarring the only files we've changed are activeme.xml and
/bin/activemq (upped memory)

so in short, as of updating to 5.3.1 the admin console never shows up,
netstat doesn't show anything running on port 8161, although the logs tell
me it has been launched.  anyone else encounter this problem?

Re: updating from 5.3.0 -> 5.3.1 now the admin console's not working

Posted by foucault <ar...@status.net>.

Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You ran into a Camel web app problem introduced in 5.3.1. I just
> documented
> a workaround for it, you can find it at a top of
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Web+Console
>
> The fix already in trunk and will be available in the 5.4.0 release.
>
> Cheers

> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Thanks Dejan, Status.net loves activemq and gives their thanks.

-Aric

Re: updating from 5.3.0 -> 5.3.1 now the admin console's not working

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by foucault <ar...@status.net>.

> so in short, as of updating to 5.3.1 the admin console never shows up,
> netstat doesn't show anything running on port 8161, although the logs tell
> me it has been launched.  anyone else encounter this problem?

I just double-checked this with the 5.3.1 binary tarball from the
release and the admin console is working just fine. If you download a
fresh binary, expand it and run it without modifying the activemq.xml,
does the admin console work for you?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print