Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sam Wun <sw...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/07 15:18:46 UTC

Detected Maven Version: 2.1.0 is not in the allowed range

As it running forward, near the end of the download.. there is an error:
[INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: enforce-banned-dependencies}]
[WARNING] Rule 1:
org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireMavenVersion failed with
message:
Detected Maven Version: 2.1.0 is not in the allowed range [2.0.9,2.1).
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Some Enforcer rules have failed. Look above for specific
messages explaining why the rule failed.
[INFO] Total time: 9 minutes 20 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jul 07 23:12:08 EST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 37M/63M

what is it?

I have found someone got this error as well, but could not find an answer.

Thanks

Re: Detected Maven Version: 2.1.0 is not in the allowed range

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> there is no enforcer plugin in my pom.xml, here is its content:
>
>  <parent>
>    <groupId>org.jboss.ejb3</groupId>
>    <artifactId>jboss-ejb3-tutorial-common</artifactId>
>    <version>1.1.1</version>
>    <relativePath>../common/</relativePath>
>  </parent>

Check the parent. Then check that pom's parent. Etc.

Wayne

Re: Detected Maven Version: 2.1.0 is not in the allowed range

Posted by Sam Wun <sw...@gmail.com>.
there is no enforcer plugin in my pom.xml, here is its content:

# cat pom.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <!-- Model Version -->
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.jboss.ejb3</groupId>
    <artifactId>jboss-ejb3-tutorial-common</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>
    <relativePath>../common/</relativePath>
  </parent>

  <properties>
    <ejb3.tutorial.client>org.jboss.tutorial.stateless.client.Client</ejb3.tutorial.client>
  </properties>

  <artifactId>jboss-ejb3-tutorial-stateless</artifactId>
  <version>1.1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <name>EJB3.0 Stateless Bean Tutorial</name>
  <url>http://labs.jboss.com/jbossejb3/</url>
  <description>
    Tutorial for Stateless EJB 3.0
  </description>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>jboss-repositories</id>
      <url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

</project>

Move over, when I put the following "new codes" in the pom.xml file,
it causes errors:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-beta-1</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>enforce-banned-dependencies</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>enforce</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
          <execution>
            <id>enforce-property</id>
            <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>enforce</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <rules>
                <requireProperty>
                  <property>jboss.home</property>
                  <message>"Please set JBOSS_HOME"</message>
                </requireProperty>
              </rules>
              <fail>true</fail>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>
          <rules>
            <bannedDependencies>
              <excludes>
                <exclude>jboss:jboss-common-core</exclude>
                <exclude>jboss:jboss-remoting</exclude>
                <exclude>jboss.remoting:jboss-remoting</exclude>
                <exclude>jboss:jboss-test</exclude>
                <exclude>org.jboss:javassist</exclude>
                <exclude>org.jboss:jboss-metadata</exclude>
                <exclude>org.jboss:jboss-transaction-spi</exclude>
                <exclude>org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-container</exclude>

<exclude>org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-deployers-core-spi</exclude>
                <exclude>org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-deployers-impl</exclude>
                <exclude>org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-deployers-spi</exclude>
              </excludes>
            </bannedDependencies>
            <requireMavenVersion>
              <version>[2.1,2.2)</version>
            </requireMavenVersion>
          </rules>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Wun <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I rather fix the project so that it works for 2.1, which files I
should modify and how?

Any detail?

Thanks
Sam

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
It seems that your project needs to be build with mvn version 2.0.9 or
higher, but not as high as 2.1. See [1]

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~