Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ron Rothblum <RO...@il.ibm.com> on 2003/01/12 15:48:28 UTC

DOM problems

Hello,

I have 2 issues with the xerces dom parser that I'm having trouble with:

1) for some reason when I call the method:

'getProperty("http://apache.org/xml/properties/dom/current-element-node");'

(in the DOMParser class)
I get a:"org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException:
http://apache.org/xml/properties/dom/current-element-node" exception
although this property is supposed to be supported in xerces (and is
actually used in the DOMAddLines example for dom3). Does anyone have any
idea why this happens?

2) I try to build DOM3 but there are errors: The methods getConfig (in the
class CoreDocumentImpl), getIdAttributeNode(in the class) ElementImpl, and
getIsId (in AttrImpl).

Any help would be extremely appreciated,

Ron Rothblum.

Re: DOM problems

Posted by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Ron,

Ron Rothblum wrote:
> 1) for some reason when I call the method:
> 'getProperty("http://apache.org/xml/properties/dom/current-element-node");'
> (in the DOMParser class)
> I get a:"org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException:

You are using deferred DOM (read the error message you are getting).
The property is only supported when
"http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion" is set to
false.

> 2) I try to build DOM3 but there are errors: The methods getConfig (in the
> class CoreDocumentImpl), getIdAttributeNode(in the class) ElementImpl, and
> getIsId (in AttrImpl).

I've tried it locally and I don't get any errors.
The interfaces were recently changed so make sure you do again cvs
update, build clean and only after that build the DOM L3.

Thank you,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto