Posted to dev@sirona.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2016/10/07 04:01:30 UTC

Re: path tracking status

Hi,
Sorry for very delayed response but very busy with other stuff :-(

On 26 September 2016 at 01:07, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys (and maybe more Olivier for this mail ;))
>
> what is the current status of path tracking?
>
> I'm interested on these points:
>
> 1- are we able to track in memory (heap)? Last time i checked it was not an
> impl heap oriented but off heap oriented, I'd like to ensure we can run in
> memory for small needs (http+jdbc only for instance)

There is InMemoryPathTrackingDataStore  but this will ends up with a lot of
memory usage...

> 2- do we have any usable GUI?

A start of UI but ATM nothing really usable...

> Concretely I'd like to see how far we are to be able to compete with
> zipkin. We likely miss few integration compared to brave but think our
> backbone is not far and with our existing integrations - thinking to
> instrumentations - we can probably have some added value.

> wdyt?
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Wordpress Blog
> rmannibucau> |

Olivier Lamy

Re: path tracking status

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
On 7 October 2016 at 17:04, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, thanks Olivier.
>
> Do we try to plan some work on that next year - Id like to help too.

Why not sure but not sure what will happen next year :-) (if I will have
more time or not so I cannot tell you now)

> One of my plan for next year - once tomee 7.0.2 is there - is to provide a
> built in GUI/collector and pathtracking would be very valuable IMO. Maybe
> also a pure http "client" datastore to avoid to require cassandra or other
> everywhere.

Sounds good, I think there is already one for that (to check)

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: path tracking status

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.