Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com> on 2006/11/17 23:08:49 UTC

Re: Access Derby Database separately from Eclipse

You have to have Derby running in a separate process, not in an
embedded mode.

-David

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
There isn't anything special about how Derby is used in OFBiz. We
simply access it through the Derby JDBC driver using the embedded
uri. In other words, all you have to do is run Derby as is normal for
the software.

For more information on Derby I recommend checking out the Apache
Derby site and the documentation and such there:

http://db.apache.org/derby/

-David

Posted by Danny Gaethofs <da...@inbox.com>.