Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stas Oskin <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/01 15:15:12 UTC

NameNode metadata destination

Hi.

I'm looking to spread the meta-data writing across several disks, including
NFS, to provide greater survivability.

What make sense more - to write NameNode meta-data to NFS, or to write the
SecondaryNameNode meta-data to NFS, or a combination of them?

Thanks.

Re: NameNode metadata destination

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@gmail.com>.
works for me over many clusters. I haven't tried the 0.20 version though.

Posted by Stas Oskin <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@gmail.com>.