Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nestor Oviedo <ov...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/12 20:01:10 UTC

Case-insensitive on facet prefix

Hello all.
I have a field configured with the LowerCaseFilterFactory as the only
analyzer (for botth indexing and searching). The problem is that
facet.prefix doesn't work on that field as expected.
For example:
Indexed term: house --> LowerCaseFilterFactory applied

facet.prefix=hou --> returns a "house" entry as expected
facet.prefix=Hou --> no match

I suppose the LowerCaseFilterFactory it's not been applied on this prefix term.

So ... is this the expected behavior ? How can I perform a facet with
a case-insensitive prefix ?

Thanks in advance

Nestor

SeDiCI - http://sedici.unlp.edu.ar
PrEBi - http://prebi.unlp.edu.ar
Universidad Nacional de La Plata
La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Case-insensitive on facet prefix

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You'll have to lowercase your facet.prefix. All the terms in your
field are lowercased, as per your fieldType so you'll have to
specify searching that way too....

Best
Erick