Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann" <li...@liermann-it.de> on 2012/02/20 22:02:07 UTC

Help again for working with release:plugin

Hi,

thanks for the last support!

Now I need hints for my second problem: My parent pom is on the same level as the children poms. The commit and tag commands use as working directory the parent pom  folder.
How can I tell the scm provider, what the right working directory is?

Thanks very much.
Torsten

Re: Help again for working with release:plugin

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!

Please note that this isn't as crucial as it sounds here.

The only thing that you might add is a simple pom.xml which just contains the
<modules>

section including all your child projects.

If you don't like to do it then you can also just add <scm> sections to each and every of your projects...

There is nothing here what maven does wrong! It is just that you didn't follow the convention, thus you need to configure that stuff yourself. ...like you would need to configure this stuff manually in all other build systems I know...

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
Torsten,