Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Алексей <le...@mail.by> on 2012/03/17 11:07:12 UTC

Setup UIDs at apache FTP

Hello how i can setup different UIDS for different accounts in user.properties? Is it
impossible?
Im running ftp as daemon from root, and have various account in user.properties, each
belongs to linux user, each have personal folder.
every time after uploading files, i need to make chmod and chown for each folder, cuz by
default file owner is set to root in ftp server.
I also dont want run many ftp instances with various UIDs for each user with
start-stop-daemon, cuz it makes non sense.
Живи ярко - http://afisha.open.by/

Re: Setup UIDs at apache FTP

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

 Unfortunately, this is not available out of the box. You can, however, use
your own custom FileSystem implementation or even a FTPlet for this.
 Unless you' re using Java 7, you'll probably have to run chmod in a system
call