Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Funk Gabor <Fu...@hunetkft.hu> on 2002/03/08 15:41:36 UTC

really virtual servers

I'm running apache on a debian for serving out approx. 50
virtual domains (controlled by us). I'd like to have a web service
which let users upload and run anything (php, cgi, perl, ssi)
without letting them mess around with other users or system
dirs/files. Does anyone knows a better solution than have
a bunch of separate apache processes running in their
chrooted environments? (This seems to be pretty painful
in terms of implementation, management, upgrade, etc.)

I guess the best would be to have a "simple" keyword, so
<virtualhost>
servername www.chroot1.com
chroot /var/www/chroot1
. . .
would do it. Anyone developer around?

G.

Re: really virtual servers

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
imo you can use wrapper (cgiwrap, e.g.) to chroot cgis, install php as
cgi, take off "exec" from ssi with IncludeNoExec.