Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sriram Rao <sr...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 20:44:21 UTC

stack trace from hung task

Hi,

When a task tracker kills a non-responsive task, it prints out a
message "Task XXXXX not reported status for 600 seconds. Killing!".
The stack trace it then dumps out is that of the task tracker itself.
Is there a way to get the hung task to dump out its stack trace before
exiting?  Would be nice if there was an easy way to send a kill -3 to
the hung process and then kill it.

Sriram

Re: stack trace from hung task

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com>.
We provided a patch for 16 that could be retrofitted into 19

Our internal use of this has shown that jstack can hang in some
situations, and that just sending the sigquit is safer.

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.