Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/21 18:17:55 UTC

how to use JDBC request variables in HTTP requests

How to use JDBC request defaults  in other requests

I have written a sql query in JDBC request and I got the result but i don't
know how to use this variable in other HTTP request.

scenario

using JDBC request i have got result which is assigned to a variable say '*
A'.*
**
Now I have to use this '*A' *in HTTP request for a parameter say ' *X* ' .

I have associated a Regular expression extractor to this JDBC request  and
given values in this post processor as given below

*reference name : variable*
*regular expression : (.*)"*
*template : $1$*
*match number : 1*
*default value : error*
**
*here reference name and the variable name in JDBC request is same*
**
and  in HTTP request for  a parameter

*number  : ${variable}*
**
when i run the test  and  check the response data this parameter in HTTP
request is taking default value of regular expression instead of JDBC
variable.

Assist me in solving ths issue

rgds
Sudheer
**

Re: how to use JDBC request variables in HTTP requests

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
ok

i have send it.

Posted by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravindra

Posted by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
Hi sebb

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
ok sebb

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
*Body*

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
 Sebb

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/10/2008, sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to use JDBC request defaults  in other requests

There is no such element as a JDBC Request Default.

There is a JDBC Connection Configuration element which can only be
used in a  JDBC Request sampler.

>  I have written a sql query in JDBC request and I got the result but i don't
>  know how to use this variable in other HTTP request.
>
>  scenario
>
>  using JDBC request i have got result which is assigned to a variable say '*
>  A'.*
>  **
>  Now I have to use this '*A' *in HTTP request for a parameter say ' *X* ' .
>
>  I have associated a Regular expression extractor to this JDBC request  and

What do you mean by "associated" ?

>  given values in this post processor as given below
>
>  *reference name : variable*
>  *regular expression : (.*)"*
>  *template : $1$*
>  *match number : 1*
>  *default value : error*

Looks OK.

>  **
>  *here reference name and the variable name in JDBC request is same*
>  **

JMeter variables are not related in any way to SQL names.

>  and  in HTTP request for  a parameter
>
>  *number  : ${variable}*

OK