Posted to users@camel.apache.org by David Siefert <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/27 08:00:23 UTC

camel example from site

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate Apache Camel and I am already having issues trying
the example from the site.  I have a maven project with the dependency to
camel 1.2.0, and most of the classes resolve, however for some reason
org.apache.camel.component.jms is not a part of the JAR, so I can not load
JmsComponent.

Anybody else have this problem?

C:\camel-sample\src\test\java\org\apache\activemq\camel\sample\CamelSampleTest.java:[17,38]
package org.apache.camel.component.jms does not exist
C:\camel-sample\src\test\java\org\apache\activemq\camel\sample\CamelSampleTest.java:[43,49]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable JmsComponent
location: class org.apache.activemq.camel.sample.CamelSampleTest
Thanks,

David

Re: camel example from site

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 27/02/2008, David Siefert <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:10 AM, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>

>  > On 27/02/2008, David Siefert <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > Hello,
>  > >
>  > >  I am trying to evaluate Apache Camel and I am already having issues
>  > trying
>  > >  the example from the site.
>  >
>  > Which example are you trying?
>  >
>  > >  I have a maven project with the dependency to
>  > >  camel 1.2.0, and most of the classes resolve, however for some reason
>  > >  org.apache.camel.component.jms is not a part of the JAR, so I can not
>  > load
>  > >  JmsComponent.
>  >
>  > Thats in the camel-jms.jar? If you're example is using maven just add
>  > the camel-jms artifact to your pom.xml - though the examples should
>  > already have this.
>  >
>  > Could you show the entire maven output please?
>  >
>  > --
>  > James
>  > -------
>  > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>  >
>  > Open Source Integration
>  > http://open.iona.com
>  >

> Thanks James for your help.  I got it figured out as soon after I posted.
>  Sorry.

No problem! :) Thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully the examples in the Camel distro just work BTW without
having to hack poms etc.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: camel example from site

Posted by David Siefert <si...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> On 27/02/2008, David Siefert <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >  I am trying to evaluate Apache Camel and I am already having issues
> trying
> >  the example from the site.
>
> Which example are you trying?
>
> >  I have a maven project with the dependency to
> >  camel 1.2.0, and most of the classes resolve, however for some reason
> >  org.apache.camel.component.jms is not a part of the JAR, so I can not
> load
> >  JmsComponent.
>
> Thats in the camel-jms.jar? If you're example is using maven just add
> the camel-jms artifact to your pom.xml - though the examples should
> already have this.
>
> Could you show the entire maven output please?
>
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
>
> Open Source Integration
> http://open.iona.com

Thanks James for your help.  I got it figured out as soon after I posted.
Sorry.

-David

Re: camel example from site

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: camel example from site

Posted by David Siefert <si...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:00 AM, David Siefert <
siefert.david.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to evaluate Apache Camel and I am already having issues trying
> the example from the site.  I have a maven project with the dependency to
> camel 1.2.0, and most of the classes resolve, however for some reason
> org.apache.camel.component.jms is not a part of the JAR, so I can not load
> JmsComponent.
>
> Anybody else have this problem?
>
> C:\camel-sample\src\test\java\org\apache\activemq\camel\sample\CamelSampleTest.java:[17,38]
> package org.apache.camel.component.jms does not exist
> C:\camel-sample\src\test\java\org\apache\activemq\camel\sample\CamelSampleTest.java:[43,49]
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : variable JmsComponent
> location: class org.apache.activemq.camel.sample.CamelSampleTest
> Thanks,
>
> David

Ok, I solved it.  Had to add the following to my dependency list:

  <dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
   <artifactId>camel-jms</artifactId>
   <version>1.2.0</version>