Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/13 16:08:52 UTC

Re: Solr1.3 Freeze

(moved to solr-dev)

> Maybe we should call it lucene-2.4-solr.jar so as to drop the word
> dev from it.

+1

or: lucene-2.4-${revision}-solr.jar?  that way it is easy to tell what
svn version it came from

Re: Solr1.3 Freeze

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
A rose by any other name, is still the same, eh?  That being said, if
it helps people in Solr adoption and makes them feel more comfortable
using it, it's fine by me.

Not sure if we want to make the rev so prominent, might be a little
confusing when 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 comes out.  We could have 2.4.0 and
2.4.685641.  Should we put an "r" in front of it?  2.4.r685641 or is
that just going throw people back under the bus in terms of
management's "no unreleased" jars mentality, even if they are,
officially released artifacts of the ASF?