Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christoph Emmersberger <ce...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/17 09:03:59 UTC

Request for Contribution: Camel-Extra ASF 2.0 Compliant Components

Hi,
I’ve done some checking regarding licenses of Camel-Extra components and figured, that we are currently not using any direct dependencies of any non ASF compliant licenses within the following components:

camel-couchbase
Couchbase itself remains under a proprietary and enterprise license, the client we are using is under the ASF2.0 license

camel-spring-neo4j
Neo4J server remains to be under the GNU GPL, however the libraries that we are using to connect to the server instance are maintained under ASF 2.0

camel-zeromq
zeromq is licensed unde LGPLv3+, however the connecting libraries are ASF 2.0.

Therefore, I kindly ask you to consider a migration of these three components into
You’ll find further, more detailed information on the Camel-Extra mailing list [1].

Please get back with some advice regarding the contribution of the listed components to ASF Camel.

Kind regards,

Christoph

[1] http://camel-extra.1091541.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Camel-Extra-Licenses-td332.html

Re: Request for Contribution: Camel-Extra ASF 2.0 Compliant Components

Posted by Christoph Emmersberger <ce...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the invitation!

My original question was intended to get some feedback about the transfer of existing Camel-Extra components [1] since I could not find any direct license dependency to a non ASF 2.0 compliant version.
Camel-Extra is an affiliated project of ASF camel, hosting several components that can not be maintained under the ASF umbrella due to license issues.

So the question is, if you see any legal issues with transferring the components. If not, I’d be happy to file JIRA tickets to get kick the process off.

Kind regards,

Christoph

[1] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/?redir=1

Posted by "kraythe ." <kr...@gmail.com>.