Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 19:55:48 UTC

Bit of a screwup during the release!

Hi all,
I'm afraid I made a small mistake during the XmlSchema release (note
that this release is not announcement yet). The POM entry for javadoc
generation was commented (I don't know why!!!) and I did not notice
until committing the site that the javadocs are not updated. Here are
the problems caused by this.

1. The assembly includes the complete site by default in the binary
distribution. Hence the binary distro is missing the apidocs
2. The site has the older java docs

I can see two possible solutions for this
1. regen the apidocs from the tag and update the site. We leave the
binary distro as it is.
2. Do a branch and redo the whole release process with a minor version number

What would be the appropriate solution in this case ?

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: Bit of a screwup during the release!

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
#2 please!