Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ralph Churchill <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/05 23:27:43 UTC

persistent component parameter

I have a component with a PropertySelection. I want to set the "model"
and "value" with persistent properties from the page that uses the
component via parameters.

In the component .jwc

    <parameter name="submitForSelectionModel"
type="org.apache.tapestry.form.IPropertySelectionModel" required="yes"
direction="in"/>
    <parameter name="submitForValue" type="java.lang.Object"
required="yes" direction="auto"/>

    <component id="submitFor" type="PropertySelection">
        <binding name="model" expression="submitForSelectionModel"/>
        <binding name="value" expression="submitForValue"/>
        <binding name="submitOnChange" expression="true"/>
    </component>

And in the .page file for the page that uses the component:

    <property-specification name="submitForSelectionModel"
type="org.apache.tapestry.form.IPropertySelectionModel"
persistent="yes"/>
     <property-specification name="submitFor" type="java.lang.String"
persistent="yes"/>

    <component id="myComponent" type="component">
        <binding name="submitForSelectionModel"
expression="submitForSelectionModel"/>
        <binding name="submitForValue" expression="submitFor"/>

Is this right? It doesn't seem to be setting the value (i.e.
submitFor). I've tried different combinations of parameter direction,
too. Doesn't seem to be working when the property selection change
submits the form.

RMC

Re: persistent component parameter [SOLVED]

Posted by Ralph Churchill <ch...@gmail.com>.
inherited-binding did the trick

     <parameter name="submitForSelectionModel"
 type="org.apache.tapestry.form.IPropertySelectionModel" required="yes"
 direction="in"/>
     <parameter name="submitForValue" type="java.lang.Object"
 required="yes" direction="auto"/>

     <component id="submitFor" type="PropertySelection">
         <inherited-binding name="model"
parameter-name="submitForSelectionModel"/>
         <inherited-binding name="value" parameter-name="submitForValue"/>
         <binding name="submitOnChange" expression="true"/>
     </component>