Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Frank Chessman <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/20 22:32:05 UTC

creating simple GUI with JMeter functionalities

Hi,
I would like to ask you, if you have some experiences creating simple GUI
with JMeter functionalities.

I want to create it in a very simple way for some non-IT colleges. Idea is
to have 3 Tabbed Panes - after start of GUI, they will see 1st pane and will
be able to set just values like Number of Threads (users) or choose from the
list, which web page to test (I will have pre-defined jmx for each option)
and after clicking Next, it will automatically run the test and switch to
2nd pane, where they will see Graph Results or 3rd pane with Summary Report.

Sorry for bothering you, I could not find it anywhere on the internet or in
some past email threads. If it was already discussed, please link me to some
year/thread name, where I can find it.

I am quite new to Java, for building GUIs I use NetBeans 6.1.

Thanks a lot!

Frank

Re: creating simple GUI with JMeter functionalities

Posted by Frank Chessman <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chad,
thanks a lot for your advices, I will definitely check them.

Yes, I want it for Win and I actually dont think it will be acceptable for
numb non-IT guys, who just want to push the button and see the result...

But maybe if I will not make it... at last I can make GUI to save their
preferences and then run it as batch with saved parameters, as you
recommended. I will see, if it will be workable.

But still I am surprised - nobody has ever tried to create simple GUI with
just few functionalities?

Thanks again,
Frank

Posted by Anthony Chadszinow <ac...@squiz.net>.