Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Huanchen Zhang <ia...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/04 05:56:01 UTC

Contribute to Giraph

Hello,

We are planning to propose our course project as 'parallel graph mining on Hadoop'. So, is there any graph mining algorithm which has not been implemented in Giraph and doable for a term project ? Could you provide some advice please ?

Thank you.

Huanchen

Re: Contribute to Giraph

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
If you take a look in the examples/ and io/ directories of Giraph's source
tree, there are many IO formats (to read initial graph data and write
results on HDFS) and there are also many example algorithms. Pretty much
anything else you want to implement would be fine, put up a JIRA issue
suggesting each algorithm idea and I'm sure if anyone has a problem they
will comment or -1 the JIRA if any turn out to be redundant or otherwise a
poor fit for Giraph.

Thanks for your interest, I think Giraph's application programming
interface is really intuitive and comfortable to use once you get used to
it, it ought to make a great project for your class.

Eli