Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ere Maijala <er...@helsinki.fi> on 2017/02/03 06:26:50 UTC

Solr 6.4.0 and deprecated SynonymFilterFactory

Hi,

on startup Solr 6.4.0 logs the following warning:

o.a.s.c.SolrResourceLoader Solr loaded a deprecated plugin/analysis
class [solr.SynonymFilterFactory]. Please consult documentation how to
replace it accordingly.

What documentation? As far as I can see, there's nothing at
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Filter+Descriptions#FilterDescriptions-SynonymFilter>
or
<https://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.SynonymFilterFactory>
nor did a quick Google search come up with anything definitive.

Am I looking in the wrong places or does the mentioned documentation
exist at all?

--Ere

Re: Solr 6.4.0 and deprecated SynonymFilterFactory

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
I have a partial answer. The Javadoc talks about deprecation:
https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_4_0/analyzers-common/org/apache/lucene/analysis/synonym/SynonymFilterFactory.html

So, we are now supposed to use Graph and then Flatten filters in the
configuration. But there was another email earlier on this list that
maybe that's still slightly raw (or needs more clarity).

So, I would say it is safe to ignore that warning for now if you want.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced