Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Doug Tanner <do...@benefitfocus.com> on 2007/02/21 19:53:00 UTC

Problem building with Continuum

Today, I began experiencing build problems with Continuum due to the
following error.  The pom in question is in the repository.  I have
tried deleting the file from the repo and adding it back in to no avail.
Below the error message is my m2 settings.xml file.

org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException:
Error while mapping metadata.
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.upda
teProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:117)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectory
ContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction
.java:64)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
DefaultBuildController.java:273)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:47)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
orRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
	at java.lang.Thread.run()V(Unknown Source)
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenBuilderHelperExceptio
n: Cannot build maven project from
D:\continuum\security\continuum-1.0.3\apps\continuum\working-directory\1
27\pom.xml (Cannot find parent: bf.platform:bf.platform.parent for
project: bf.enrollmentweb.portal:portal:war:SNAPSHOT).

	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.
getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:339)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.
mapMetadataToProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:112)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.upda
teProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:113)
	... 5 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot
find parent: bf.platform:bf.platform.parent for project:
bf.enrollmentweb.portal:portal:war:SNAPSHOT
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(Defa
ultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1161)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(Defaul
tMavenProjectBuilder.java:674)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileI
nternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:416)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenPr
ojectBuilder.java:201)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.
getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:306)
	... 7 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
'bf.platform:bf.platform.parent' not found in repository: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository

  bf.platform:bf.platform.parent:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromReposit
ory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:513)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(Defa
ultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1157)
	... 11 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Unable to download the artifact from any repository

  bf.platform:bf.platform.parent:pom:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

	at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(Defau
ltArtifactResolver.java:136)
	at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(Defau
ltArtifactResolver.java:63)
	at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromReposit
ory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:467)
	... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable
to download the artifact from any repository
	at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(Defaul
tWagonManager.java:260)
	at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(Defau
ltArtifactResolver.java:124)
	... 14 more

<settings.xml>

<settings>
  <localRepository>/maven/localRepository</localRepository>
  <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <id>Bf proxy</id>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
      <name>BF proxy repository</name>
      <url>http://bfvcs1:9999/repository</url>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>
  <profiles>
	<profile>
	   <id>default</id>
	   <activation>
	     <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
	   </activation>
	   <repositories>
		<repository>
		 	<id>Bf repo</id>
		      <name>BF repo</name>
		      <url>http://bfvcs1:9999/repository</url>
		      <layout>default</layout>
		      <snapshots>
		         <enabled>true</enabled>
		         <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
		      </snapshots >
		</repository>
	    </repositories>
	    <pluginRepositories>
	    	<pluginRepository>
			<id>Bf proxy</id>
		      <name>BF proxy repository</name>
		      <url>http://bfvcs1:9999/repository</url>
		      <layout>default</layout>
		      <snapshots>
		      	<enabled>true</enabled>
		         	<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
		      </snapshots >
		</pluginRepository>
	    </pluginRepositories>
	</profile>
  </profiles>
</settings>

Doug Tanner
Operations Engineer
Benefitfocus.com, Inc.

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to bfpostmaster@benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)

RE: Problem building with Continuum

Posted by Doug Tanner <do...@benefitfocus.com>.
Problem resolved.  The local system user on my build box was missing the
repository folder under C:/Documents and Settings/Default User/.m2.  The
only file in this folder is the parent pom.xml.

Does anyone know why this file must be in here instead of the 'regular'
repositories?

Thanks,

Doug Tanner
Operations Engineer