Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Graham Anderson <gr...@siren.cc> on 2006/07/24 23:33:47 UTC

Getting a post commit hook to work

I am unable to get my post-commit script to work :(

If I ,as root,  enter '/usr/local/bin/update-dev' directly into the
terminal, subversion WILL run the update properly

  # /usr/local/bin/update-dev
U    /home/www/mysite-dev/flatsite/css/style.css
Updated to revision 167.

If I try to put the same command in the post-commit script, it fails.
anyone know what it could be ?

As outlined in http://arstechnica.com/articles/columns/linux/
linux-20050406.ars, I did the below

1) created update-dev.c:

#include <stdlib.h>
           int main(int argc, const char *argv[])
           {
             system("/usr/local/bin/svn update /home/www/socalgraph-
dev");
           }

2) compiled update-dev.c  and set the proper permissions:

	gcc update-dev.c -o /usr/local/bin/update-dev
	chown root:root /usr/local/bin/update-dev
	chmod +s /usr/local/bin/update-dev

3) created a post-commit script in:
/home/svn/repository/hooks/post-commit

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/update-dev

so far, the post commit is not behaving
this is my first attempt at a post-commit so any help is appreciated