Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim K <ti...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/19 11:35:16 UTC

Re: Potential Memory Leak with StandardManager [EXTERNAL]

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 2:51 PM Beard, Shawn <SB...@wrberkley.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Update to Tomcat 9.0.54. This could be a known security bug that is fixed
> in this version.
>
> https://tomcat.apache.org/security-9.html#Fixed_in_Apache_Tomcat_9.0.54

I tried updating to that version but it does not appear to be related; that
looks to be related to web socket connections.

RE: Potential Memory Leak with StandardManager [EXTERNAL]

Posted by "Beard, Shawn" <SB...@wrberkley.com.INVALID>.
There isn’t a memory leak I'm aware of. At least nothing is reported from what I can find. Have you tried setting maxActiveSessions? Its default is -1 which means infinite. Also there could be a bug in the code that is just creating new sessions for things instead of using the current session.

    ​
Shawn   Beard    • Sr. Systems Engineer
Middleware Engineering
[cid:image498464.png@B1B8F0D2.A7934045]
3840 109th Street       ,       Urbandale       ,       IA      50322
Phone: +1-515-564-2528<tel:+1-515-564-2528>
Email:  SBeard@wrberkley.com<ma...@wrberkley.com>
Website: https://berkleytechnologyservices.com/
[cid:image170342.jpg@8D7E010B.AF86CC81]
Technology Leadership Unleashing Business Potential