Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by "Henzler, Georg" <ge...@logica.com> on 2010/11/11 16:40:36 UTC

LDAP Component

Hi all,

I've written a user sync module that uses Camel and its LDAP Component. I ran into the problem ("Ldap error 4 Size Limit Exceeded") that is caused by the fact that the current LDAP module doesn't support paging (and  I couldn't change the server configuration either). As a workaround I created my own Camel component "pagedLdap" (I just could have written a POJO but I thought it's nicer that way being able to use a meaningful endpoint URL). The system is now in production and works smoothly.

So now I would like to give my code back to the community: I could improve the LDAP component in a way that if a pageSize parameter is given in the URL, it uses the class PagedResultsControl (Part of the JDK since 1.5, so we don't have a new dependency here). If the pageSize isn't given nothing would be changed and it wouldn't break any existing code. And obviously I would update the documentation  J

Are you interested?

Best Regards

Georg

PS I also created a JIRA issue for this: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-3329

Georg Henzler | Solutions Architect, Practice Champion EJS
Nockherstrasse 2-4, 81541 München | Germany
M:+49 178 8866 190

georg.henzler@logica.com | www.logica.de
Logica Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG

Zettachring 4, 70567 Stuttgart; Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 722072

Persönlich haftender Gesellschafter: Logica Deutschland Verwaltungs GmbH

Geschäftsführer: Torsten Straß (Vors.) | Steven Blythe | Eric Guyot | Olaf Scholz | Oliver Starzonek | Dr. Alexander Wurdack

Handelsregister: AG Stuttgart HRB 724084

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

Re: LDAP Component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Georg

Thanks a lot. We will get this into Camel 2.6 then :)

AW: LDAP Component

Re: LDAP Component

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Georg