Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Mónica Marrero <mo...@europeana.eu> on 2023/08/29 07:51:18 UTC

Re: Edismax parsing when using pf parameter

Thank you, Chris. Here is the JIRA ticket:

Best,

Mónica

--
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
are

Re: Edismax parsing when using pf parameter

Posted by Pierre Salagnac <pi...@gmail.com>.
I opened a pull request[1] that fixes the case reported. The issue was
subqueries with grouped fields like "field:(term1 term2 term3), only the
first term was skipped when generating the boost query with fields
specified in pf parameter.

Unfortunately, this pre-parsing (method splitIntoClauses()) of edismax
parser and how we handle its results to generate the boost query is still
questionable. For example, for the query "term1 field:(term2 term3) term4"
we may still generate a boost query "term1 term4". Not sure whether it is
relevant or not. There is probably no definitive answer to this question.

I appreciate any feedback on the change
Best
Pierre

[1] https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/1893