Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PATTUS Jean-Philippe <jp...@sogitec.fr> on 2002/06/12 10:46:04 UTC

Authentication Digest and JDBC Realm on Tomcat 4.0.3

Hello,
I'm working on Tomcat 4.0.3.
i'm trying to put an authentication on my web app,
if the auth-method is BASIC and
the Realm is
<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
	     connectionName="Name"
	     connectionPassword="Password"
          connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:toto"
              userTable="userTable" userNameCol="userNameCol"
userCredCol="userCredCol"
          userRoleTable="userRole" roleNameCol="roleNameCol" />
it works fine.
But, if i replace BASIC by DIGEST, my authentication is KO. I've seen in the
code that
 JDBCRealm::getPassword() always return null!!!

How can i configure my Tomcat in order to have JDBC Realm and Digest
authentication???

Thanks

PS : sorry for my poor english.