Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Stevens <at...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/18 18:26:39 UTC

ComponentManager error messages in log

I've got a Cocoon (2.1.7) based application which is working fine, however,
I've noticed that every ten seconds it's writing the following to the
core.log:

DEBUG   (2005-07-18) 16:46.23:727   [core.runnable] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/DefaultRunnableManager.ExecutionInfo: Executing command
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.CocoonStoreJanitor@59ce27e2 in pool
"default", schedule with interval=0
DEBUG   (2005-07-18) 16:46.23:727   [core.runnable.default] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/DefaultThreadPool: Executing Command:
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.CocoonStoreJanitor@59ce27e2,pool=default
DEBUG   (2005-07-18) 16:46.23:727   [core.runnable] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/DefaultRunnableManager: Command entered:
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.CocoonStoreJanitor@59ce27e2,
pool=default, delay=10000, interval=0
WARN    (2005-07-18) 16:46.23:727   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: Attempted to release a $Proxy20
but its handler could not be located.

Any idea what a $Proxy20 is, and why its handler has gone AWOL?
I'm guessing it's a dynamic proxy that the ComponentManager has used for
some component or other, and since I've seen similar messages before with
different numbers after the "$Proxy" I assume that value depends on the
specific configuration and how many other components happen to be
initialised prior to the one that causes the problem.

Okay, so it's only a warning, but I'd still like to get rid of it.  Is there
any way of finding out what component is the cause?  Initially, I assumed it
would be one of our custom ones since Cocoon is obviously perfect :-)
However, maybe it could be even more perfect, as I see the same messages in
an out of the box build (just customised the local.build.properties and
local.blocks.properties to cut out stuff we don't use) running in the
bundled Jetty...

Andrew.